|Steps to Follow:
Cover the entire trifold with black poster board.
- Prepare your title by selecting blue and red letters from the classic letter pack to spell “The Explosive Truth”. Use yellow letters to create a drop shadow effect. Adhere letters together so that the yellow is attached to the blue or red letter on top of it.
- On the center panel of the trifold arrange your title. If it isn’t exactly centered move letters around until it is centered. Adhere title to the trifold.
- Add holographic starbursts to bring attention to your title.
- Research, type and print out content for your presentation. The subtitles (topics) we included about volcanos are related to parts that make up one up: magma, vents, lava and crater. Including a graphic that visually explains the parts adds more interest and helps support the typed content.
- To highlight the typed content select colors from the 5pc Classic Boards 11 by 14 to cut into rectangles that will frame your information.
- Glue your information to the frames and then adhere to the trifold.
- Start creating your main attraction, the volcano, by crumbling up a large piece of brown craft paper. The wrinkles will add texture to the volcano.
- Enhance these wrinkles by using a foam brush and dry brushing brown paint in random areas.
- Download and print the volcano cone template. This will not be visible, but will provide stability and shape for the craft paper. After printing, adhere the template to white poster board and cut out.
- Glue or tape the edges of the craft paper along the edges of the template (it’s ok to be rough and add more wrinkles to the edges as you adhere them).
- Using red and yellow paints, add lava drips by squeezing the paint all over areas of the volcano.
- With a foam brush, randomly smear the yellow and red paint to provide more coverage but still keep the drip effect.
- After the paint has dried, glue or tape the tabs along the template edges to the center of the trifold. (Tip - taping it gently to get placement will make it easy to pull off and transport to school. Bring tape with you and tape it back in place when ready for presenting).
- Finish off the volcano by adhering yellow and orange tissue paper to the top as if it were exploding! Take quilt batting and separate it to create puffs of smoke. Glue dots can invisibly adhere the batting to the trifold.