|Steps to Follow:
To make this poster by hand:
- Start with a piece of ArtSkills white poster board and lay it out horizontally.
- Cut a large star out of a piece of ArtSkills neon yellow poster board to fit your poster top to bottom. Glue it down centered on your poster.
- Glue down a blue holographic blocks border to the top edge of your poster and a red holographic blocks border to the bottom edge of your poster. To make these, cut the blocks design shown in the poster picture above out of holographic blue and red poster boards using either an ArtSkills Poster Knife or scissors. Use caution when cutting.
- Add the emphasis of your title, your name, to the center of your poster using red ArtSkills Jumbo Classic Poster Letters on top of black ArtSkills Jumbo Black and White Poster Letters. Before you glue down your lettering, move the red letters up and to the left a bit on top of the black letters to create a drop shadow effect.
- Centered above your name, add "VOTE" using ArtSkills Vinyl Poster Letters and centered below your name, add "FOR TREASURER" also using ArtSkills Vinyl Poster Letters. Feel free to substitute in whatever position you are running for. If you'd rather go for the look of the black lettering in the poster picture above, try drawing it in with a black ArtSkills Permanent Marker or cutting your lettering out of black paper using your ArtSkills Poster Knife.
- Centered below "FOR TREASURER," add your class year using blue and red ArtSkills Classic Poster Letters. To achieve the star lettering look from the poster picture above, try cutting star shapes out of your letters using your ArtSkills Poster Knife. Alternatively, you could draw in your lettering using blue and red ArtSkills Permanent Markers.
- Awesome! Your poster is now complete.