|Steps to Follow:
- Start by covering the trifold header with classic blue poster board.
- Using neon and classic poster letters spell out the title along the header. Center the title, but make sure to leave space a little more space on the bottom for a wave border. For added interest and play on the radiating lines of sonar, layer the letters “D” of “Sound” and “O” of “Off” with classic blue and neon green as shown. This gives the effect that the words are communicating with each other.
- Adhere the wave border to the bottom of the header.
- Cover the entire trifold background with sky blue and classic blue poster board. Cover the top 1/3 of the way with sky blue representing the skyline and the bottom 2/3 with classic blue representing the ocean.
- Using black vinyl letters spell out the subtitle in the center panel sky blue section.
- Print and cut out the ship silhouette download out of black poster board. Adhere to the center panel on top of the ocean.
- Disguise and create an attractive transition between the sky blue and classic blue poster board by using blue holographic ocean waves poster boarders. Run the borders along the top of the ocean. Using the borders as your guide run them upside down along the trifold to complete the wave line.
- Adhere category titles.
- Download the sonar funnel shape, print and cut out. Trace near the bottom of the center ocean panel.
- Cut along your trace lines and remove shape from the trifold. Cut a small circle roughly 2” from the top of the funnel cutout.
- Download the spiral sonar waves circle, print and adhere to poster board for support and cut out. Cut a hole into the center of the spiral and pop the poster motion disc up into this hole. Adhere the disc into place on the backside of the sonar spiral.
- Slide behind the trifold and pop the disc neck through the hole in the trifold. The sonar waves will be partially visible in the funnel cutout.
- Download the submarine shape and adhere to black foam board. Cut out and adhere to the battery pack portion of the poster motion (make sure batteries have been placed inside the pack).
- Place glue dots or small dots of hot glue on the poster motion battery pack. Carefully connect the batter pack to the neck of the disc in the trifold and push down to adhere into place.
- Adhere researched information and imagery to the trifold under related categories. To help imagery and information pop off the background colors add colored borders to some. For example, the information and the imagery place in the ocean section has sky blue borders around it helping it pop off the dark blue. To do this simply measure rectangles a bit larger than the imagery and information blocks, cut out and adhere the imagery and information to the center the rectangles.
- For added playfulness download, print and cut out two speech bubbles. Using small black vinyl letters spell out “Marco” on one bubble and “Polo” on the other. Adhere “Marco” near the ship silhouette and “Polo” near the submarine silhouette.
- Place the header on top of the trifold, turn the poster motion on and watch the sound make waves!