|Steps to Follow:
- Start this project by creating a bottom border of grass. Begin by cutting a 5” strip on the 28" side of green poster board. Using scissors, make free-hand cuts on one edge of the strip to look like wisps of grass. Adhere the grass border to the bottom of the tri-fold and the blue holographic border to the top of the tri-fold, slicing the borders as needed to account for the folds in the board.
- Download and print the free butterfly graphic below and adhere to a sturdy material such as poster board. Cut out the butterfly. (You may choose to retain the printed antennas, however you can cut them off and replace them in a later step.)
- Apply glue using a paintbrush to the shapes in the butterfly’s wings and shake on the corresponding ArtSkills neon glitter shakers.
- Using a ruler’s edge, crease the butterfly down the center and bend both wings upwards.
- To give the butterfly dimension on the tri-fold, adhere a strip of thick material such as foam board or a few layers of cardboard on the backside of the butterfly’s torso. (If you cut off the printed antennas, now is the time to replace them with fuzzy pipe cleaners! Cut, curl and glue both antennas to the back of the head portion of the butterfly.) Run a bead of glue on your chosen thick material and adhere the butterfly to the top center portion of the tri-fold.
- Using ArtSkills black vinyl letters and pink glitter vinyl letters, spell out your titles: Metamorphosis, Pupa, Eggs, and Caterpillar.
- Locate online other images to represent your egg, caterpillar, and pupa stages. Print them out, cut and adhere below each associated title.
- Using ArtSkills 11x14 Classic and Neon Poster Board, cut a 5"x7" and a 4.5"x6.5" rectangle. (Pictured The Blue rectangle is cut to roughly 5” by 7”. The yellow rectangle is cut smaller to fit inside the blue rectangle.) Using ArtSkills Edging Scissors, trim the edges of the smaller rectangle to add a decorative edge.
- Glue the smaller rectangle on top of the larger rectangle,write your researched information within each rectangle related to your titles: Egg, Caterpillar, and Pupa, and glue the finished product to the trifold. (repeat this process for each associated title)
- Create your header title, "Life Cycle of a Butterfly", using ArtSkills Jumbo Neon Poster Letters and Glitter Letter Stickers.
- Finally, attach the header to the trifold and decorate any white space with ArtSkills flower and butterfly stickers.